2024 Entry Guide
To enter the 2024 Canadian Event Awards, follow this step-by-step guide. Start by clicking the “Enter Now” button at the top right of the page to begin your entry. Inside the entry portal, you’ll find a user-friendly drop-down style entry system designed to simplify navigation and standardize the entry data.
If your company has entered before, we recommend thoroughly reviewing the documentation to ensure familiarity with the rules, criteria, and entry requirements. Additionally, reading the requirements before you start creating your entry is a good idea.
- February 18, 2024: The early-bird entry deadline is midnight PST.
- March 7, 2024: The final entry deadline is midnight PST.
- March 2024: Nominees will be announced online and contacted for further comments and interviews.
- May 8, 2024: Winners will be announced live at the Canadian Event Awards Gala.
- July 2024: A post-event “lookbook” featuring the winners will be released nationwide in June, and winning entries will have the opportunity to be featured in an upcoming issue of Canadian Special Events Magazine.
The entry portal is open with two deadlines: the early bird registration, which ends on February 18, 2024, for discounted fees, and the final submission deadline, which is March 7, 2024, at midnight PST.
In the portal, fill out the entry form and select your award categories. Remember to use a specific email address for all correspondence, not a general company email. Include the name of the person to be credited in public materials. If entering on behalf of someone else, enter their name on the form.
There is no limit to the number of categories or entries you can submit, and you can submit the same event in multiple categories. Each time you enter the same event, each entry must be unique and category-specific. Simply changing the title of a duplicated entry is not suggested. Be sure to include details for any joint entrants you wish to acknowledge in your submission.
Payment & Joint Entries
Once you complete the registration form and select your categories, you can add any joint entries before proceeding to payment. If you’re entering in collaboration with another company for the same award, this is known as a JOINT ENTRY.
To add joint entrants, select the ‘ADD Joint Entry’ option during your order process. You should add one joint entry for each additional entrant listed in your application, excluding yourself. For instance, if you are entering along with two others, choose two joint entries.
After submitting your entry, you’ll receive an email with a unique PIN. Use this PIN to access your entry portal, where you can assign your joint entrants to the specific categories included in your entry.
Confirmation & Pin
Your unique PIN should arrive in your inbox within 15 minutes. Use this PIN to access your private portal and submit your events.
When you open it, all your selected categories will be linked and listed in your portal. If you notice any discrepancies or if anything is missing, please contact us.
The following elements may be required for your category. Be sure to check the individual category requirements.
- Budgets: Include budget details only if requested by the category. All budgets are confidential and will not be published.
- Reference Letters and Recommendations: Required only for signature awards.
- Menus: Include if necessary, along with photos of the catering.
- Visuals: Submit photos and videos as per category criteria, ensuring they reflect the diversity of your work.
- Website Links: Provide links for events with a website.
- Extended Description: Give a comprehensive description of your event, including your story, challenges, and successes.
- 300-Word Summary: Write a brief, third-person summary of 300 words for publication, highlighting key aspects of your event.
- Supporting Materials: Include additional materials like critical paths, floor plans, or social media posts if specified by the category.
- Videos: Share video content through Vimeo or YouTube links, not direct uploads. If nominated, we may request the actual video file for the awards show.
Additionally, be ready to answer category-specific questions about your event, covering aspects like inspiration, creativity, risk management, and logistical planning. Your answers will offer judges deeper insights into your event, enhancing your chance of winning a Canadian Event Award
Rules & Guidelines
- All entries /events must have occurred between December 31, 2022, and December 31, 2023.
- A separate entry must be submitted for each event.
- Joint entrants listed on the entry must be registered.
- All budgets must be in retail pricing (the total amount the client was billed).
- Budgets are never displayed and are kept confidential except to the judges.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions – additional categories will incur additional entry fees.
- No advance notice of winners will be provided under any circumstances.
- NOTE: Entries become the property of Canadian Special Events and may be published in Canadian Special Event publications or associated websites.
- Winners receive digital badges which cannot be altered or transferred.
- Any of the stories, entry images or entrant content found on our website cannot be copied, downloaded or shared without express permission by CSE & the entrant. Contact us for media inquiries.
- The awards are open to any Canadian company with offices in Canada. Events may have taken place anywhere in the world or online.
- The Canadian Event Industry Awards is a globally renowned competition for event professionals, featuring a thorough four-stage judging process to ensure fairness and rigorous evaluation.
- Pre-screening: Judges are assigned to categories post-entry period, reducing conflicts of interest and maintaining a level playing field.
- First-Round Analysis: Judges thoroughly review entries in their categories against specific criteria, selecting nominees for their standout excellence.
- Scoring and Tallying: Entries are scored based on set criteria, with a dedicated system processing the scores to guarantee objectivity and accuracy.
- Finalist Determination: After announcing finalists, a second round of independent evaluations by judges determines the category winners.
- Our panel of diverse industry experts ensures the highest standards of fairness and impartiality, upholding the integrity of the Canadian Event Industry Awards.
- All finalists receive a digital ad for sharing on social media and their website to promote their nomination. Winners receive an official badge.
- Finalists will be featured on canadianspecialevents.com and canadianeventawards.com, along with social media posts and shoutouts.
- Winners receive up to $10,000 in marketing credits with CSE to use on advertising.
- Winners will be featured in Canadian Special Events Magazine.
- Winners and finalists may be contacted for comments, quotes or interviews.
Gala Awards Ceremony & Dinner
Join us for an unforgettable evening of celebration at the prestigious Canadian Event Awards Gala. This exquisite black-tie dinner and awards ceremony is a highlight in the calendar of Canada’s event industry, attracting the nation’s foremost event professionals. Secure your tickets now and be part of an extraordinary evening that recognizes and elevates the best in Canadian events. Don’t wait; tickets always sell out.