If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Entries Must Include:
- Objective Statement (300 words)
- Event description and related category criteria as outlined in the category requirements (Maximum 1000 words)
- Agreement to enter /reference letter from a client or supervisor
- Budget (if applicable)
- Marketing materials/charts/drawings/artwork/any extra documentation
- 100-word summary: A 100-word summary of the event must be included on the last page of your entry
- Images. You must use the gallery to upload your images. You may embed images in PDF if you want the judges to see context, HOWEVER, you still need to submit the gallery images and the document cannot exceed 20 MB MIN 8 – Max 20 JPEG images).
- Video (if applicable)
- The 2020 CEIA entries must be received by midnight EST on February 16, 2020, to qualify for the early bird entry.
- Late entries will be accepted until February 23, 2020 at midnight EST.
- All events must have taken place between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019
- A separate entry must be submitted for each entry
- All entries judged by dollar value must include a detailed budget. All budgets must be in retail pricing (the total amount the client was billed).
- The full amount of all entry fees for each entrant listed must accompany your entry package.
- Budgets are not displayed and are kept confidential
- Judges decisions are final
- It is the responsibility of the nominees to cover any cost related to attending the awards
- There is no limit to the amount of work that can be submitted by a single entity and submissions may be entered into multiple categories for additional entry fees
- No advance notice of winners will be provided under any circumstances
- Trophies will NOT BE PRE ENGRAVED due to the exposure that vendors and finalists working at the gala have to the trophies – so if you win you MUST visit the Trophy Engraving Booth with your award after the gala ceremony to have your award engraved on site. If you miss the opportunity to pick up a plaque, one will be mailed to you.
- Entry fees are $125.00 per entrant for early bird for each company listed on the entry form. Each additional entrant, be it individual or company, listed on the entry form is $100.00.
- Entries received after February 23, 2020 are charged $150 per entrant for each company listed on the entry form. Each additional entrant, be it individual or company, listed on the entry is $150.00.
- Visa, MC or Amex payments are accepted through our online system. Cheques will not be accepted for entry fees.
Critical & Common Mistakes To Avoid
- DO NOT embed images into a document unless you can keep the doc file size very low. Otherwise, the server will reject it
- Name your attachments correctly: Company Name – Award Category – Event Name. If you avoid using your name and category in the file name we cannot sort it
- Ensure you include the summary of 100 words. This will be published. Be sure it sums up your event the way you want the public to read it
- Choose images from the event category. It is important judges can see the amazing work you have done. It’s great if you love the wedding dress the bride wore but that says nothing about the event theme or design. Make sure you choose the right pictures
- Try to avoid the last-minute rush… it helps our server out
NOTE: Entries become the property of Canadian Special Events Media Group and may be published in Canadian Special Events, EventTech Canada and EventSpace Canada publications or their associated websites. Unless otherwise instructed, event images and a copy may be used to promote the Industry Event Awards. All budgets and client details will remain confidential.