If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you are ready to enter click the button on the bottom of the page to link to the entry portal.
All Entries Must Include:
- Objective Statement (300 words)
- Event description and related category criteria as outlined in the category requirements (Maximum 1000 words)
- Agreement to enter /reference letter from client or supervisor
- Budget (if applicable)
- Marketing materials/charts/drawings/artwork/any extra documentation
- 100-word summary: A 100-word summary of the event must be included on the last page of your entry
- Images (CANNOT be over 5 MB each. You may embed images in PDF but document size cannot exceed 15 MB and you still must submit MIN 5 – MAX 10 JPEG images)
- Video (if applicable)
- The 2017 CEIA Regional entries must be received by midnight November 26
- All entries must have taken place between September 1, 2017 and August 31, 2018
- A separate package must be submitted for each entry
- All entries judged by dollar value must include a detailed budget. All budgets must be in retail pricing (the total amount the client was billed).
- The full amount of all entry fees for each entrant listed must accompany your entry package.
- Budgets are not displayed and are kept confidential
- Judges decisions are final
- There is no limit to the number of submissions – additional categories will incur additional entry fees
- No advance notice of winners will be provided under any circumstances
- Awards will be sent to each winner, and the information used will be the exact same as in the entry. If you wish your award to read something different you must pre-submit this or incur a change fee.
- Entry fees are 85$ per entrant each company listed on the entry form. Each additional entrant, be it individual or company, listed on the entry form is $85. Please ensure you select the right number of entrants, at the payment portal.
- Visa or MC payments or PayPal are accepted through our online system. Cheques will not be accepted for entry fees, however, e-transfers will be accepted. Please call to make arrangements.
Critical & Common Mistakes to Avoid
- DO NOT embed images into a document unless you can keep the doc file size very low. Otherwise, the server will reject it.
- Name your attachments correctly: Company Name – Award Category – Event Name. If you avoid using your name and category in the file name we cannot sort it.
- Be sure to include the summary of 100 words. This will be published. Be sure it sums up your event the way you want the public to read it.
- Choose images from the event category. It is important judges can see the amazing work you have done. It’s great if you love the wedding dress the bride wore but that says nothing about the event theme or design. Make sure you choose the right pictures.
- Try to avoid the last-minute rush… it helps our server out.
NOTE: Entries become the property of Canadian Special Events and may be published in Canadian Special Events’ publications or their associated websites. Unless otherwise instructed, event images and a copy may be used to promote the Industry Event Awards. All budgets and client details will remain confidential.