Below is an explanation and glossary of all of the pieces required for each submission element. Review this to ensure you understand all the moving parts. Once you have read it, continue to the Step By Step Guide below to become familiar with the steps required to enter. After you have gathered everything you need, proceed to Submit Your Entry. You will be linked to the submission portal. You will be asked to Register and pay for your entries. Once you complete this, you will immediately be emailed your login and Password and you can begin entering. If you get lost or stuck, come back to this site for reference or, call us anytime. A chatbot is also available at the bottom right corner of the page.
Explain the event or event’s element objectives and how they were met. You may use point form. Also, include an explanation of why you feel the event was outstanding and how it fits into the category. 300 words max (contact if exceptions required).
Tailor your description to the category you are entering. Describe the process involved in the design, planning, and execution of the event and why these elements were challenging. Max 1000 words (points deducted for overage).
- Do NOT enter the same description (For example, Best Décor entry should not have the same description for Best Wedding).
- Flowery wording and romancing of details do not help in the judging process.
Include a reference letter from the client or governing body (the person who contracted you or your company), stating that you, in fact, were responsible for doing the work. If you were the client, have a superior write the letter stating the event was successful. Check your category for details on
Include a reference letter from the client or governing body (the person who contracted you or your company), stating that you, in fact, were responsible for doing the work. If you were the client, have a superior write the letter stating the event was successful. Check your category for details on the requirement.
Include any supporting materials such as flyers or media clippings or marketing pieces. The total size of your submission with all attachments cannot exceed 64 MB. We ask that no one file be more than 5MB.
You must use the Gallery feature for uploading images. You may embed images in one of your PDF or word docs that you use for another section of the entry but NOT in place of the JPEG images. A Min of 8 and a Max of 20 JPEG images is required. Do not ONLY embed in the PDF you must also send the images as JPEG. The Gallery images MUST be JPEG. They cannot be PDFs.
Choose images reflecting the category you entered (i.e. For the Best Wedding Award, do NOT send in a food shot). Label each image file: “Your Company Name and Category of Entry” (i.e. “AnniesEvents_Best_Decor.jpeg”).
Video MUST be 3 Minutes or less. ONLY SOME CATEGORIES REQUIRE VIDEO (check the category criteria before submitting a video). For the initial entry process, your video MUST be linked online where judges can view it. Only if you are nominated, will you be required to submit actual mp4 or QuickTime video.
A 100-word summary of the event must be included. This will be used for marketing, please ensure it describes your event well.
Deciding What to Enter
The category you enter must correspond directly to the work that you do (i.e. if you enter Best Food Presentation, you must be the caterer, not the contractor). If you enter Best Wedding, you must be responsible for planning every detail you enter. You cannot submit the entire wedding if you only planned the reception etc… if you need any help feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, sometimes you will qualify for a category you may not realize.
Joint Entries or Multiple Categories
A company or individual may enter the same event in more than one category, but you must submit an entirely new package and include all elements in each entry. You cannot take photos or descriptions from one entry and apply them to another entry. Each entry MUST be complete and tailored to the category. It will work against you if you duplicate an entry and just change the title.
Unless you are submitting for Event Professional of the Year or Entertainer of the Year, please do not include a personal or corporate bio or history. The submission is for the event, not for your company.
READY TO BEGIN? Follow These Steps
- Follow the guidelines on the Rules & Guidelines page.
- Prepare all your event materials.
- Make sure you have everything you need including images and/or videos, pdf or word doc., reference letters etc.
- Click on the entry portal and fill in the entry form.
- Register your company
- Pay the fees. $125 per entrant listed on your entry. So if you have three companies listed the fee is $125 x3 (make sure you calculate properly the amount owing based on how many entrants you are listing)
- You will receive an email with your password and login.
- Log in and begin uploading your entry.
- Complete the process and hit submit by the entry deadline. Be sure you complete the entry.
- Nominees will be announced online and via email
- Nominees will be contacted for further comment and interviews
- Winners will be announced at the Gala Awards on March 28 in Toronto. Tickets go on sale December 10, 2018.
- A post-event “look book” will be released nationwide featuring the winners and winning entries will have the opportunity to be featured in an upcoming issue of Canadian Special Events Magazine