Once in the portal, complete the registration form and select the categories you want to enter (you can choose as many as you like) then submit payment for your selections. Make sure your email is correctly entered or we will not be able to send you your login credentials. If you are enterting with a colleague or supplier ensure you also select joint entry.
Begin With These Steps
After completing your registration and payment, you will receive an email with a link to your unique entry portal and a personal PIN. Keep this handy; you will need it to enter your submissions. All the categories you chose will be listed in this portal and waiting for you to complete. You can leave and return as many times as you like. The system will save your work.
You MUST submit it before the deadline. Once the deadline has closed your link will no longer work.
In the entry portal, you will find that each category has a different entry form with unique requirements. Ensure you review the category criteria and write your entry for the specific judging criteria. Enter as many categories as you like, however; you must change the title and the 100-word summary to reflect each category.
All attachments must be renamed to the category name as well.
List of Materials You Will Need
Each category has specific requirements that can be found in the portal under each category. We also recommend you review the category judging criteria to learn how your entry will be judged.
The following explains the components which may be required for your entry.
1000 word description – describe your event objectives, the event process, the challenges, obstacles, strategy, components, successes and outcomes.
Objective Statement (300 words).
If applicable, marketing materials, floorplans, cad drawings, artwork, production schedules, menus, programs, critical paths and any extra documentation. NOTE: only add these if the category requires it
Budgets – only if the category requests it. Budgets are kept confidential and never published.
Reference letters and letters of recommendation.
High-resolution photos and or videos – see videos under tips below.
Quotes from clients and superiors/owners.
Links to websites if applicable
100 – word summary – this is going to be published, please ensure you write this in the third person and try to describe your event so that it’s clear and brief
Marketing materials/charts/drawings/artwork/any extra documentation.
After You Submit
- Your entry will be reviewed and if anything is missing, we will contact you. You will have 72 hours to submit the missing or corrupt files, please ensure you are checking emails from us during this vetting period.
- Judging will take place April 1-10, 2020
- Nominees will be announced online and via email April 14 or earlier if time allows.
- Nominees will be contacted for further comment and interviews.
- Nominees will be invited to purchase reserved tickets to the Gala.
- Due to COVID19 the winner’s announcement is postponed. Please stand by for an update on the new date. .
- A post-event “look book” will be released nationwide featuring the winners and winning entries will be featured in Canadian Special Events Magazine.
The Canadian Event Industry Awards is one of the most rigorous and challenging award competitions in the world for event professionals. The judging is a 4-stage process including:
- Pre-screening to eliminate non-qualified entries
- A first-round analysis to determine shortlists
- An in-depth evaluation where the entry is critically examined in detail for its calibre and merit
- Final judging to select the winners.
Canadian Event Industry Awards judges represent a diverse cross-section of our industry’s top experts and offer a breadth of knowledge on the critical elements that are needed to create successful events.
To win a CEIA is an absolute true measure of excellence.
Dates and Payments
By February 16, 2020
$125 per company/person listed on the entry
$100 for each additional co entrant listed on the entry
By February 29, 2020
$175 per company/person listed on the entry
$150.00 for each additional co entrant listed on the entry
National Program Key Dates
February 16, 2020 – Early bird deadline
February 29, 2020 – Final deadline
April 14, 2020 – Finalists announced online
Due to COVID19 the winner’s announcement is postponed. Please stand by for an update on the new date.
Common Mistakes and Tips
- DO NOT embed images into a document unless you can keep the doc file size very low. Otherwise, the server will reject it.
- Name your attachments correctly: Company Name – Award Category – Event Name. If you avoid using your name and category in the file name we cannot sort it.
- Ensure you include a summary of 100 words. This will be published. Be sure it sums up your event the way you want the public to read it.
- Choose images from the event category. It is important judges can see the amazing work you have done. It’s great if you love the wedding dress the bride wore but that says nothing about the event theme or design. Make sure you choose the right pictures.
- Try to avoid the last-minute rush… it helps our server out.
The Fine Print
All events must have taken place between January 1, 2019, and December 31, 2019.
A separate entry must be submitted for each entry.
All entries that require a budget are judged by hard cost dollar value and must include a detailed budget. All budgets must be in retail pricing (the total amount the client was billed).
The full amount of all entry fees for each entrant listed must accompany your entry package.
Budgets are not displayed and are kept confidential.
- You may request your event not be published – this only means articles. Your 100 word summary, title and images will be used in promotions if you are nominated
Judges decisions are final.
It is the responsibility of the nominees to cover any cost related to attending the awards.
There is no limit to the amount of work that can be submitted by a single entity and submissions may be entered into multiple categories for additional entry fees.
No advance notice of winners will be provided under any circumstances. We cannot advise you if you need to “attend”.
Trophies will NOT BE PRE ENGRAVED due to the exposure that vendors and finalists working at the gala have to the trophies – so if you win you MUST visit the Trophy Engraving Booth with your award after the gala ceremony to have your award engraved on-site. If you miss the opportunity a plaque will be mailed to you to apply to the award.
Entry fees are $125.00 per entrant for the early bird for each company listed on the entry form if registered before midnight on February 16, 2020. Each additional entrant, be it individual or company, listed on the entry form is an additional $100.00.
Entries received after February 16, 2019, are charged $175 per entrant for each company listed on the entry form.
Visa, MC or Amex payments are accepted through our online system. Cheques will not be accepted for entry fees.
- All entries become the property of NEMG Inc. No files will ever be shared, distributed, opened or accessed by anyone, under any circumstances except the staff of NEMG Inc. and the judges.